Monday, April 13, 2009

My First Website!

Below is a screen shot of my mini website for the tasks in Module 3. I'm reasonably happy with my first effort considering I haven't done this from scratch yet. Unfortunately, you can't see that the thumbnails actually link to separate pages, however I attached another screen shot of one of those pages.






I definitely feel a sense of achievement after finishing my site. I really enjoyed the tutorial even though it was quite simple. I am currently studying NED11 - Internet Design Introduction so I have been learning how to write html during that course. I didn't find this task difficult because of my previous knowledge, however I found it a great way to practice what I have learnt so far.

Html and blogging are very different. I enjoy blogging however it focuses more on content opposed to design. I prefer writing html because I know I will be designing and creating a website. I like the structure of a website rather than a blog. They both serve different purposes so it is hard to say which one I like best, but if I had to choose it would be html.






1 comment:

  1. Wow your website is pretty cool. Mine looks like it should be wearing one of those hats with the propeller on top.

    ReplyDelete